Citoyens Du Monde
Citoyens Du Monde is an innovative global citizenship resource for French [S2-6 or Key Stage 3 to 4]. The resource has been built around fascinating video interviews with French-speaking teenagers in the Democratic Republic of the Congo [DRC] who talk of their lives and the citizenship issues that matter to them.
Aims of this resource:
- To help modern language teachers embed global citizenship themes into the classroom
- To help young people understand the importance of language and communication in our globalised world and to encourage them to learn French
- To raise awareness about life in the DRC and help pupils understand the reasons for the arrival to the UK of Congolese refugees and asylum families
- To support the implementation of A Curriculum for Excellence guidelines for modern languages in Scotland.
The resource consists of:
- A teacher's book [58 pages] with lesson ideas and activities, briefing sheets and video transcripts
- A DVD-ROM containing photos and 17 full-screen video clips [ with various subtitle options]
- An exciting online resource containing a video wall. Click here to discover the resource
The resource is ideal for those schools wishing to develop interdisciplinary tasks or promote cross-curricular collaboration since there are many links to subjects including Modern Studies, Maths, Geography, Religious Education and English. ICT has also been integrated into the resource through the DVD-ROM, online video wall and interactive blog.
Citoyens Du Monde is free of charge, just get in touch and we will send it to you!
Telephone: 0141 354 5555 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org